Wednesday, February 28, 2007

From Philadelphia With Love

My Parents and I arrived in Philadelphia this evening, and it's been pretty tame so far. Oddly, the 'rents aren't exactly the go-out-on-the-town type.

Last night (Tuesday) Zach, Odessa, Brian, and I went to Blossom Dairy for an excellent goodbye meal. The conversation was good, the company was better, and the sad goodbyes followed thereafter. As I explained during dinner though, I can't think about that sort of thing. I'm going to miss everyone, but I just have to tell myself not to think about it, otherwise I'll be miserable for far too long. So, I'd like to apologize to those persons to whom I have said goodbye and seemed a bit unaffected. It isn't that I am not upset, it's that I'll go insane if I allow myself to start regretting the things that I am leaving behind.

In much brighter news, I purchased a digital camera this morning! This means that it is possible that there will be fun pictures to be seen throughout my stay in Uganda. At least, there will be fun pictures every three months or so. The camera is pretty much exactly what I need, small, runs on batteries, and not so expensive that I'm going to be insanely possessive over it.

Tomorrow I'm meeting my cousin Dharmeen in Philadelphia for lunch. He lives in New Jersey, but he's taking a train over to see me. It's too bad that I haven't seen him since he's been here for 18 months. Luckily, I can remedy that, albeit briefly, tomorrow. Hopefully I'll take some pictures tomorrow as well. Think cheesy family vacation.

In related news, friday is my birthday. This is also the day in which i begin my Peace Corps staging. I'm not the type of person to stand up in front of a room full of strangers and say "It's my birthday, I demand that you pretend we're friends and bring me some cake", so it's going to be a quiet one. I'll have to quietly raid the minibar that night, so i hope you all have a birthday drink for me on your own time.

Finally, I have narrowed my top 10 list to 10 albums, so now all that is left is for me to rank them. Will I finish before I leave? Most probably not. This sounds like a good secondary assignment.

Okay, it's glaringly apparent that i don't actually have much to say, but feel that I should post something since i'm not going to be posting much anymore. Just a reminder, you can subscribe to this blog's RSS feed in the sidebar (the column to the right). There are a few other things on the sidebar as well. You can subscribe to receive an e-mail every time the blog is updated. You can also check out some blogs from fellow volunteers who are going to Uganda with me. Thus far they are all ladies, so excuse the differences in packing lists. And speaking of packing lists, if you got me a going away present and it isn't on the list, don't worry, I'm bringing it, I just didn't post it.

peace out cub scouts

No comments: