Saturday, March 3, 2007

So Long America

Well, we leave tomorrow morning for Uganda. We went over some Peace Corps blog policies, so I'm not supposed to post where I am or where I am going to be (for my safety). Of course you know I'm in philadelphia right now, but the policy goes from here on out.

Staging has been a lot of fun. There are a lot of cool people here, and i'm really happy with the group. I'd like to write more about it, but I don't want to ruin it for any future volunteers that might be reading this (I know i've read pretty much every peace corps blog on the internet).

Internet access is going to be really sparse for the next few weeks, so it might be a while before my next post

Okay, I don't have too much time, so this is it. Farewell folks, and keep in touch. My mailing address was posted below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You say the company was better than the food, but man I had my leftovers for lunch the next day and the only thing that keeps the sadness i feel at bay for not having eaten scores of artichoke hearts up until now, is the tart, peccant pleasure each newly ingested one brings to my palate and, by extension, my cognition—even if it be an evanescent enjoyment.

I suppose it will be quite a while before you actually read this response, but steady yourself in the knowledge that even if the humor from this joke departs/it won’t be for love lost over an artichoke heart.

Zach