Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Overpacking

Well, in the spirit of getting ready to leave, I've made up a packing list, and did a preliminary packing run. Everything fit tightly into my backpack (5400ci) and a large blue suitcase. unfortunately, I'll have to leave behind my Spanish Wine Botas but i'll find a way to survive. I also have found that although I am under the weight limit, I'm definitely going to be above the dimensional limit. This is entirely attributed to my guitar. Now I have two options:

1. take everything as is, and hope that i can carry my guitar on the plane with a wink and a smile, but be ready to pay $100 for bringing an extra item of baggage.

or

2. try and reduce my big blue suitcase into a small blue carry-on suitcase. This would require me to cut the items i have packed down by about 30%.

The first option is easier, and it would save me from worrying about whether or not i brought enough stuff. but i'm a manly man, so i really want to show up and be one of the people laughing at the folks who brought everything they owned, and ended up not needing.

Ah, my laziness vs. my ego. Usually the latter wins out. I'm going to try to repack this afternoon, so the answer will show itself soon.

No comments: