Thursday, May 24, 2007

New Wish List

okay, okay, i promised myself that i wouldn't look at metacritic as long as i was in uganda.



but....



how could this possibly have happened?! how could all of these albums become available so quickly after i have left the country (except elvis perkins which i just didn't know about)



Modest Mouse - We were dead before the ship even sank

rufus wainwright - release the stars

the national - boxer

Frog eyes - tears of the validictorian

arctic monkeys - favorite worst nightmare

wilco - sky blue sky

elvis perkins - ash wednesday

the field - from here we go sublime

battles - mirrored

panda bear - person pitch





also, the following books:

The floating opera, and the end of the road - john barth

the steep approach to garbadale - ian banks

v - thomas pynchon

inheritance of loss - kiran desai

the ground beneath her feet - salman rushdie



you are the greatest people ever to have lived. i am eternally grateful for any and all things sent my way. i know it isn't easy for you to send any of these things, since you mostly have student loans and what not, but this would be so amazing. anyways, if you plan on sending any of them, email me and let me know what's on the way so that i can take the stuff off the list that i've already gotten.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

see next post comments for information regarding the future acquisition of multi-media.

Anonymous said...

ps

Let me save you some time. "V" sucks.

Unknown said...

Good to hear that the bats are gone. I'm back home again, WV is the same as usual. Good luck with everything, and let me know when/if you get the package and letter I sent.

Unknown said...

got any packages yet?

Anonymous said...

it doesn't seem like it is accepting my comments

-Brian

Anonymous said...

ok well i guess that one worked so I'll try this again....

as I tried typing previously...

I wanted to let you know I got my official Peace corps invitation and it looks like I will be going to Morocco after all as originally nominated in September.... the only thing that sucks about the september thing is I won't see the cubs win the world series in October (D lee is the shit, son... or should I say the guano) Anyways my email is brianjkremer@yahoo if you want to hit me up

i will be sending you something written later in June

Pz
Brian

Anonymous said...

Hey Rishi! I'm Brad Gaddis' sister. I remember Brad saying you were one of his buddies over there. Since he doesn't have a blog I've really enjoyed having yours and the other volunteers' to read. From what Brad says on the phone and from what I'm reading, yall are having an amazing experience. If you see Brad anytime soon give him a hug for me...and if you're not the hugging type, a slap on the back will do. Hope all is well.
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Hey rish,
You probably haven't gotten my package yet. I haven't mailed/bought/thought about it yet. But dont worry...it's coming. Anyway, Pradip had a great idea to visit you next year, and I had the marvelous tact to bring it up right after I watched the Last King of Scotland with my parents. Suffice it to say, they were into it. Sounds like you're loving it, thought, so I'll leave it at that.
Later.