Tuesday, November 14, 2006

So, I Desaided to go to Uganda...

Well, since I've exhausted many hours perusing the blogs of many a Peace Corps Volunteer, I've decided to start one of my own. Hopefully this page will help me keep in touch with friends, family, and voyeurs, as well as allow me to document the next few years of my life.

Apparently there are some rules regarding blogs written by Peace Corps Volunteers, but since I'm still an invitee, I'm pretty sure I have free reign until I depart. Still, this means that I won't be cursing, which really is the crux of most of my jokes, thus reducing my writing from hilarious to merely wildly amusing.

Also, make note of the fact that you can comment on any of my posts. Not that my insightful post-modern discourse deserves third-party commentary (I'll be lucky if there is even a second-party involved), but most people who are reading this are people that I want to hear from.

Finally, most Peace Corps Blogs have a picture of the blogger on the main page, along with a bunch of greenery in the background. I assure you, I will be staging a photoshoot here in Cross Vegas soon enough. Until then, find me on facebook.

1 comment:

alexios said...

The Guess Who song "American Woman" reminds me of Rishi, but not of any American woman.

I know Rishi can relate to the lines "American woman, get away from meeeeheee!...momma let me beeeheee!"

In Rishi's case, the only way they'll let him be is if he actually splits to Uganda.

I don't think anyone can relate to the lines "I don't want your war machines, I don't need your ghetto scenes. Now woman, said get away!"

What in the hell does American Woman know about war marchines? American Woman just wants to grab a cup of coffee, or maybe catch a movie with you. She doesn't have any war machines. At night she just wants to cuttle up with some
ice cream and watch Grey's Anatomy. She's not familiar with any ghetto scenes. Relax there bud. - Alexios